- For critical reasons, FortiClient VPN may not work on Windows 11 even if it works on Windows 10 on the same computer.
- The most common problem is that it fails to establish a connection or repeatedly disconnects from the VPN network.
- Updating the network card can help you get rid of this problem in many cases.
- Although you can also try reinstalling the VPN client with the latest version, you may still need to follow other methods presented in this article.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
If you are looking for a solution to fix Windows 11 Forticlient VPN not working issue, then this article will help you solve this problem.
Forticlient VPN is a very reliable client for accessing corporate networks from anywhere. Many people around the world depend on it for better flexibility and performance.
However, things go wrong when it doesn’t work properly. Many users reported that it worked on their Windows 10 PCs but stopped working on Windows 11 after upgrading. Most of them have found that FortiClient VPN keeps disconnecting repeatedly or fails to establish a connection.
Do not worry. You can get rid of this problem if you follow these methods carefully.
How to fix Windows 11 Forticlient VPN not working?
1. Reinstall with the latest version
- Hurry To win + I on the keyboard to open Windows 11 settings.
- Go to apps.
- Click on Apps and Features.
- look for it VPN Forticlient.
- Click on the three vertical dots next to the VPN client and choose Uninstall.
- Go to the FortiClient VPN Download Page.
- Download the VPN.
- Install it on your Windows 11 PC.
2. Change DNS
2.1 Set DNS address
- Go to Windows settings as before.
- Click on ethernet or Wirelessdepending on the connection you are using.
- Click on To modify next to the DNS server assignment.
- To select Manual.
- Enable IPv4 or IPv6, depending on your preference.
- Set your preferred DNS address and click save. In our case, we used Google DNS: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11.
2.2 Flush DNS
- Open the Start menu.
- Type ordered and press Enter to open the Command Prompt.
- Type the following command and press Enter.
After changing the DNS, you can try to connect to your VPN network using FortiClient. Hopefully it won’t disconnect again and work fine on Windows 11.
3. Check proxy settings
- Go to network settings as before.
- Click on Proxy.
- Click on To modify next to Use proxy server.
- Turn it off.
- Do the same for the Use setup script.
4. Reset Network
- Go to Network Settings.
- Click on Advanced network settings.
- Then click on Network Reset.
- Click on reset now.
- Click on Yes.
5. Re-enable Ethernet
- Navigate to the Network Settings again.
- Go to the Advanced network settings.
- Click on Disable next to the Ethernet connection you are using.
- After a few seconds, click Activate.
6. Use Wi-Fi
To fix Windows 11 FortiClient VPN not working issue, you need to use Wi-Fi connection instead of Ethernet.
For some reason, on some computers, the error only appears when users attempt to connect to the VPN network using the Ethernet connection. But, when they try to do the same using Wi-Fi, it works amazingly.
7. Update network driver
- Open the The start menu.
- Type Device Manager and press Enter to open Windows Device Manager.
- To expand Network adapters.
- Right click on your network driver and choose Update driver.
- Click on Automatically search for drivers.
- Windows 11 will try to find the latest driver and install it automatically.
Now try to connect to the VPN network. You should no longer face the issue of FortiClient VPN not working on Windows 11.
8. Use SSL-VPN
If FortiClient VPN still not working on Windows 11, you need to change something in your VPN configuration. Instead of IPsec VPN, use SSL VPN. To do this, configure all the necessary server-side and client-side settings.
According to a significant number of users, this technique is very effective.
9. Switch VPNs
If you don’t need to use a VPN for business purposes and connecting to a corporate network is not required, FortiClient VPN is not required. In this case, you can try any leading VPN service on Windows 11.
Private Internet Access (PIA) is the most recommended VPN service for everyone. This VPN service is a great choice for gaming, watching Netflix, Hulu, or doing other things. It can provide you with best in class performance and security.
PIA has applications on different platforms. Thus, no manual configuration is required. Especially on Windows 11, its VPN client works great.
Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access is a very reliable VPN service with a massive global network that works great on Windows 11.
This is the most effective way to get rid of FortiClient VPN not working issue on Windows 11. Feel free to share other effective methods in the comment box if you know any other effective techniques.
Start a conversation