If your internet connection isn’t working, don’t despair. In most cases, this is usually due to some minor issues that can be fixed in a very short time, and when we are faced with a more serious case, it is usually not the user’s fault, we will therefore only have to wait for the person responsible to resolve it.
I wanted to start by making this distinction because, when an Internet connection does not work, it is not always our fault, but if we are not clear about it we can waste a lot of time, and end up totally frustrated. This is not the first time that we have touched on this subject, but in this article we want to start from a clear, simple basis and with a more practical touch, because we are going to see a series of things that we have to do, and other things we shouldn’t be doing.
The objective of this distinction is very simple, to prevent you from wasting your time in a situation where, in the end, you really couldn’t do anything, that is, in cases where the Internet connection does not work, but it is not your fault or that of your equipment or connected devices.
Internet is not working: what you should do
- Check, if you can, the status of the service. This is the first and most recommended, because it will allow you to exclude that the failure comes from your Internet service provider. If you throw it away, keep reading, if not, you can just wait for your provider to solve it.
- If you were working online, save everything what you can to avoid losing important information or important progress you have made. Once done, see if the connection works on other computers. If so, restart the device you’re having trouble with, and if you don’t have internet on any computer, restart the modem by unplugging it for at least a minute from the power supply. It is also recommended to restart the devices that were connected.
- The previous step may not have solved anything, although this is not usual. If this happens, that is, if after these restarts your internet connection is not working, in that order you should use the Windows 10 troubleshooter, run a scan for malware and check your settings and network configuration.
Internet is not working: what you should not be doing
- Start messing around without first making sure that the problem is not with your supplier. This is something that many years ago happened to me more than once and has taught me a very valuable lesson which I share with you. Don’t waste time trying to fix something you can’t fix, make sure you can do it first.
- Don’t obsess over your connection status. It is no longer normal to have a very long fall, but even if it does happen, know that your provider will do their best to resolve it as soon as possible, so you just have to wait. Nothing you do will influence this, be patient.
- Use your mobile network to keep workingStreaming or streaming your favorite media can be a good idea, but you shouldn’t do this if you have very low data rates, as you could end up consuming them all and incurring unforeseen expenses. As in the previous case, be patient.
We know that connection loss is very annoying, and that today more than ever we all need to be connected to the Internet, but nothing will happen if your Internet connection is not working for a few hours, in fact it does. will allow you to “travel in time” and go back to that time when screens didn’t have such a presence in our lives.